First-class, accessible schools are available throughout the Scottish Borders and overall schools performance is consistently higher than the Scottish and UK average. As well as a high standard of education - the climate, relationship with parents and the school’s ethos is also acknowledged to be of a very high standard.
- Rolls at the 63 Primary Schools range from 6 to 400 pupils.
- In 5 to 14 year old pupil assessments, the authority outperforms the Scottish average in reading, writing and mathematics for boys and girls in all age groups.
- Breakfast and after school clubs are available in some schools.
- All schools are registered as Eco schools and pay particular attention to environmental issues.
- Rolls at the 9 Secondary Schools range from 500 to 1200 pupils.
- Qualifications attained by local school leavers are among the highest in the country.
- A larger proportion of school leavers enter Higher or Further Education than anywhere else on mainland Scotland.
- Extra-curricular participation in music, drama and sports is high at both primary and secondary level.
Click here for further information.