There are many opportunities for lifelong learning across the Borders community.
The Council works in partnership with a range of organisations to plan and deliver a range of courses, workshops, activities, clubs, events and exhibitions, which are offered in a variety of venues.
Community learning provision is focused around the key themes such as adult literacies, youth work and building community capacity.
Community Based Adult Learning
The 'Community learning and development team' at Scottish Borders Council work with adults in the local communities to increase the knowledge, skills and confidence for everyday life.
Community Based Adult Learning may be ideal for you if:
- left school with little or no qualifications
- want to build on your knowledge and skills
- want to build on your confidence to get back into learning or work
The learning opportunities are free and opportunities include:
- family learning
- learning through computers and ICT
- English for speakers of other languages (ESOL)
- Learning in local groups
- Improving reading, writing and number skills
- Communication skills
- Learning through projects
- Adult guidance
- Steps to employment
To find out more call 01835 824000